Press release - April 2012
Heron Tower wins at British Council for Offices Awards
Heron International is pleased to announce that Heron Tower, its flagship office building on Bishopsgate in the City of London, has been named Best Commercial Workplace at the British Council for Offices London & South East Awards.
The award was presented at a lunch event on Wednesday 18 April, held at the London Hilton on Park Lane. Attended by over 600 property professionals, the ceremony brought together architects, designers, developers and occupiers.
Judges took into account the success of the project against the brief as well as flexibility, efficiency, quality, sustainability, effectiveness as a workplace and contribution to public realm.
Heron Tower is the tallest building in the City of London, stretching 230 metres into the skyline and offering 36 storeys of office space along with bars and restaurants on the ground and upper storeys.
Commenting on the award win, Peter Ferrari, Managing Director of Property Development at Heron International, said:
“From the building’s exceptional location at the heart of the City, to the emphasis on quality and design, right through to the unique features such as the aquarium in the lobby and the high speed, fully glazed, double-deck lifts, Heron Tower is a truly special building and we are delighted that this has been recognised by the British Council for Offices Awards.“
Heron Tower will now go on to compete at a national level, in a bid to win the prestigious ’Best of the Best’ award, presented on 2 October 2012.
Media Enquiries & Publication Quality Images:
Redleaf Polhill (PR to Heron International): 020 7566 6700
Emma Kane / Henry Columbine / Luis Mackness: email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
About Heron Tower
- Heron Tower is London’s newest skyscraper, completed in March 2011 and stretching 230m into the City skyline
- It is the tallest building in the City of London
- It provides 40,836 sq m of office space spread over 36 floors, plus a public ground floor restaurant and bar and a restaurant and sky bar at the top of the building, also open to the public and accessed via direct scenic lifts from Bishopsgate
- It has a BREEAM environmental and sustainability rating of ‘Excellent’
- The development includes fully glazed, double-decker lifts affording spectacular views
- Its triple-height aquarium accommodates the UK’s largest privately owned aquarium containing 1200 fish of 67 different species
- The development is approximately 30% let
- Further information is available at www.herontower.com
Download PDF (.pdf, 0.26mb)